Sunday, December 4, 2011

My 4 Year Old Spoken Word Poet

About a month ago, Jude and Dada were getting silly at the Red House and Jude says to Dada, "Your name is Doe-Doe."

And Dada goes, "Oh yeah? What's your name?"

And Jude goes, "JJ Coconut Park."

And it took. Jude's sometimes name is now JJ Spoken-Nut (oops!) JJ Coconut Park. In the past he has been "Deuce" and to us, "The Fee," but I think he is moving on to more grown up poet names. He is actually quite the poet, which is one of the reasons I wanted to start this blog. It's easier to centralize all the cool things he comes up with instead of chasing down the paper poetry trail.

Here is a story relayed to me last night via email from Dada: (The Email headline is "Tree Report" since he and Jude went to get a tree at Home Depot yesterday)


"It's very crooked in the stand, the stump needs to be cut and trimmed about 8" more, but it's fine otherwise, probably won't bother. We only have a few ornaments with hooks, I thought we had more, maybe I'll look around here tomorrow. We had some lights. CC crawled under the tree and he said "it's like she's a present", then he crawled under the tree and pretended he was the present. After digging for buried treasure in the bottom of the tub, he got out and pretended to be a present some more. I had to wrap the lady bug towel. One feature was a red button on his chest that sent him into a spazz dance and then caused him to freeze like a statue. I asked him if he needed batteries - he said yes, or he wouldn't be able to talk. I put some AA's in him. All presents were described as "a boy" and his name is Jude."

No comments:

Post a Comment