Tuesday, December 13, 2011

PS: Why Our Boy Is So Cool

Two more things:

First, when we were birthday shopping for Dada, he immediately saw something he wanted and said "you can get one of these for Dada and one for me!"

I told him I wanted to get him one for Christmas, which was true, and had planned to. "But I want it today," he said.

"Today" is one of his key words. "Okay, you can get it for Christmas, but I want it today." We've had to defer a lot to Christmas this year since everywhere we go, including the gas station and especially Walgreens, it's "can I get a toy?"

I told him he could have the present today, but to think about Christmas and how nice it would be to actually wait and then open it Christmas morning.

"Okay" he said, "but I want it today."


Imagine my surprise when we got back to the Beach and he told me to wrap it up and put it under the tree! He insisted I wrap it right away and that he also hold it in the backseat on the way to the Red House, all wrapped up with candy canes.

Second thing:

Earlier, at Grandma R's, he was exhausted and not listening. I kept telling him to stop fast forwarding through Grandma R's pictures on her MacBook that she was trying to show me, but he took over the controls. I suggested he lay down on the carpet. No! The couch then? No! One of the beds? Grandma R and Grandpa M offered. No! Well, how 'bout Drake's crate? Grandma R suggested.

"You mean that jail thing?" Jude said, sitting up. "Come on Mama! Watch me sleep in Drake's crate!"

Now, why didn't we think of that? The cute baby rag doll kitty got right in there with him and all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment